Combine all ingredients and blend to desired consistency. Variation: Leave out the ice cubes, and freeze malt into pops.
After blending you can also add as a topping:
1 tbl spoon each of ground (I use a coffee grinder) flax seeds,sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, Chia seeds and one or two of each of the following nuts: Almonds, Brazil, Macadamia, Walnut, Hazelnut etc.1 tbls of psyllium husks can be added to thicken up the shake.
Sometimes I also add as a topping 1/2 of a lemon (with skin) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil blended together in a blender.
other things that can be added are:
1/2-1 banana (transitional)
1 piece rockmelon (transitional)
if you live outside of Australia and New Zealand you can add 2 tablespoons of hemp protein to your smoothie
Shelley Young’s version of this recipe can be found on page 38 of her recipe book- back to the house of health 2 plus lots of other great recipes.
- 1/2 of a Cucumber
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
- 1 creamy avocado
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1/4 can coconut cream (I use Banaban brand as it is 100%
- Coconut without thickeners and in BPA free cans)
- 2-4 sprigs for fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1-2 scoops of pH Miracle greens
- 14 ice cubes (optional)Version 2:1 Avocado½ Cucumber1 Cup baby spinachJuice of ½ limeMint leaves1 Cup almond milk1 Tablespoon MCT oil1 Tablespoon psyllium husks1 Tablespoon sesame seeds1 Tablespoon flax seeds1 Tablespoon Hemp seeds3-4 Walnuts3-4 ice cubesCinnamonSunflower Lecithin