In a food processor, combine first five ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Add garlic, cumin, and cayenne and process to blend. If desired you can add jalapeno peppers with other spices and pulse to blend. Enjoy the recipe.
Note-Please do not use vinegar it’s highly acidic.
Shelley Young has another version of this recipe that can be found on page 307 of Robert and Shelley Young’s book – The pH Miracle plus lots of other great recipes.
- One 400g can Chickpeas (I prefer Bio Nature organic)
- 1Tbl tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup. vegetable broth or water from chickpeas
- 2Tbl olive oil (Virgin cold pressed)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- One clove minced garlic
- 1-2tsp cumin
- pinch of cayenne powder
- Real salt to taste.